Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Unexpected beauty

Somehow, these fit together in my brain.  This exquisite video of a starling murmuration in Ireland.  (You can read more about it here.)


And this song, "The Dawn Will Break upon Us" written by the brilliantly talented Mike Crawford.  


His song is layered with unexpected sounds and beauty.  It soars.  It murmurates.  


(Yes, I made that word up.)


For the album premiere last year, he and the Secret Siblings projected a jagged-y video of birds flying through a grey sky.


I've been listening to the album on a soggy, grey December day and savoring the flight of birds against barren trees and a bleak sky. Today, I've replayed the song several times because listening to it seems right for the moment.


The Dawn will indeed break upon us.  


****************
I wonder if any of those birds have a mustache.

No comments:

Post a Comment